Friday, June 10, 2011

Communication - Read Your Audience (Part IV) - Colors

Communication - Read Your Audience (Part IV) - Colors
by Lee__ on 07-13-2010 at 04:22 AM (252 Views)
http://www.rletc.com/entry.php?388-C...art-IV)-Colors

"Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same." -- George Bernard Shaw



DIFFERENT DRUMMERS
Excerpted from Please Understand Me II
by David Keirsey 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Keirsey
If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.

I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offsping, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me.

To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.

Colors

1. Orange - Energy

2. Red - Structure

3. Blue - Emotion

4. Green - Knowledge



This is the system I'm going to use for this blog.





It's a personality test system, so people tend to use Colors to label people, as in, "Bill Gates is a Green," and "Oprah Winfrey is so Blue," and "Martha Stewart is an obvious Red" and "Evel Knievel must have been an Orange." Not a big deal, although arguments could be made either way. Again, a subject for another blog or discussion. I fall into that habit too at times, though I actually prefer to look at it from a Situational perspective, meaning that I try to look at it as a situation or task specific evaluation label, rather than a permanent individual person label, and I try to recognize and remember that people respond differently and exhibit different preferences at different times for a variety of reasons. 

There are only four categories listed there and some 6 billion+ people in the world. We're not all going to jam neatly into those four little boxes and stay there no matter how nicely color-coded and labeled they are or how intent we may be to force it.

Want to know more, Darcy? 

Next installment coming up...

Updated 01-05-2011 at 03:11 AM by Lee__
Tags: communication, personality tests, psi shrinkers, team



Comments

Darcy - 07-13-2010 04:26 AM
*antsy dance*

Lee__ - 07-13-2010 04:31 AM
lol

Looking very Orange today, my dear.



Darcy - 07-13-2010 05:06 AM
I'm tagging you as a Blue/Orange combo. Can't wait to read the breakdown of each color

Lee__ - 07-13-2010 05:25 AM
A bold, early move. I love it!

Lee__ - 07-13-2010 07:38 PM
And if it looks familiar, yes, it's basically MBTI/Kiersey for Dummies, so to speak. It's a simplification for the shorthand necessary to make it portable, practical and usable for real world application on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment